Taking the Plunge

It has always been my dream. I have thought of selling muffins for a profit ever since I was 8 years old. I think it was the subliminal seduction of the Oprah show, that seemed to celebrate youth in business. In my limited sphere, muffins seemed like a big enough idea then.

Fast forward 18 years, a registered company, a resignation letter, and a lot of confidence (with the occasional bolt of fear), and I have decided that this girl likes to be on top.

It seems like all roads have led to this point. Here's to the journey, which has just now really begun.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

How Long Has it Been?

Really now, whoever said that it would be hard work to run an under capitalised start-up alone lied. It's SLAVE work. Only good thing about it, is that I get to be both slave and master.

But seriously, I dont believe I have worked this hard in my entire life! And its not only the hours but the stress! I dont dwell on it and I seem to get through the days somehow, but trust me, it aint easy.

I moved (cant even remember if I mentioned that I have moved down the road from my Ma in the hills. Translation? Mosquitoes galore, but plenty bush cool breeze, and calm.
Real Deal? No time to go in to do any administrative crap with inefficient utilities which means no land line, no internet, no cable.

OK, maybe I should make the time. Yeah Yeah Yeah i know. But truly the line does get mawga somewhere and whereeversopart it get mawga, it pop off. And for the past 4 weeks, that is exactly wherepart it pop off.

I spoke with yet another Cable and Wireless person, or in this case, someone who has a CW connection and maybe I will be presented with a much more efficient alternative to going into their lousy customer warehouse centre and join a line as if I am waiting for free health service in a third world health clinic.

Oh how I miss this space to rant! And gloat. And ponder. And dream.

It seems that every waking moment is filled with work that has to be done or should have been done and I struggle to stay pon top a things.

I realise that I have to modify my present system to make it more efficient. I have to get a dedicated assistant.

Well...if nothing else, I am certainly learning!

No comments: