Taking the Plunge

It has always been my dream. I have thought of selling muffins for a profit ever since I was 8 years old. I think it was the subliminal seduction of the Oprah show, that seemed to celebrate youth in business. In my limited sphere, muffins seemed like a big enough idea then.

Fast forward 18 years, a registered company, a resignation letter, and a lot of confidence (with the occasional bolt of fear), and I have decided that this girl likes to be on top.

It seems like all roads have led to this point. Here's to the journey, which has just now really begun.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

All's Well that Ends Well

I have never been busier, but in the same breath, I will add that I have never been happier professionally.

It just seems as though all things have worked together for good. I have made some INCREDIBLY friends in my life and as the Jamaican saying goes, "Good friend better than pocket money." I am now believing that when you are a good person, and are good to people an do your work well, blessings follow.

I have a LOT to give thanks for this year. Starting a company aint easy. Especially when the start up capital is every dollar you have to your name... and with a penniless, plebeian surname like mine, that aint much. However, I have to say that I have truly seen God work through other people to make way for me.

I really love my work. Maybe it because for the very first time, I define that word for myself. You know what? It feels damn good!

Selah.

No comments: